Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    You ever think that people like you are the cause? I would venture to say that you would never change your opinion either. Im not agreeing with either side, but to say someone is so close minded, well thats the first sign to me that the person saying it, is more themselves.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    I got to disagree with you Chutspah

    PVFan has a valid point. He and I have disagreed many times, but he hit the nail. Too many people who think they are right, and if you don't agree with them a)you're the worst thing in the world b)you're ignorant c)you're wrong d)you're going to hell or many more.

    It's not a Democratic or Republican thing. It's a close minded thing. The consolidation issue. I'm as much for keeping my school open as anything, and I used to argue against consolidation, people from Haysi were the devil, Ervinton was a bunch of rednecks, etc. I was close minded. I generalized. Hey if someone doesn't support consolidation, that's fine, I don't really but I at least have came to a personal opinion it's a necessary evil for the area. What's not fine is being told that you're drinking the kool aid because you think it is necessary and/or worse. We're all guilty of being close minded at times. Our are, while the sort of sealed off nature of it is great and wonderful, in someways, its terrible because people here don't experience too much.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    I guess i didn't explain myself about greeting them naked. I had just gotten out of a field exercise that was two weeks long. Didn't have much sleep during that time. I had just gotten into bed when they came. That angered me, not because of their belief, but that they were bothering me and my sleep. I would have done the same thing had it been a salesman, etc.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    [ QUOTE ]
    I guess i didn't explain myself about greeting them naked. I had just gotten out of a field exercise that was two weeks long. Didn't have much sleep during that time. I had just gotten into bed when they came. That angered me, not because of their belief, but that they were bothering me and my sleep. I would have done the same thing had it been a salesman, etc.

    [/ QUOTE ] I used to midnights when I first started in the mines, get up 1:00 PM Thursday go to bed, daylight Sat, get up 2:00PM Sat- sleep 5 hours between then and 9:00AM Mon, they showed at about 10:30 one Mon, beat and beat, got the same show. Didn't come back there for years CD. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Good method , it works. But I thought the house was on fire or something drastic. Nothing woke me.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    My shift is 545 PM-615 AM. I get home, speak a word or two to elp6n as she's getting up and ready for work, then hit the bed around 8, try to sleep till 2 and get up. I got 2 friggin hrs sleep the other day because my landlord's idiot helpers started mowing, weedeating my just moved out neighbor's yard. 2 guys on a riding mower, weedeater mowing a little [censored] yard, and the nimrods WERE STILL MOWING when I left at 5. How long does it take folks? I can mow Kelly's field numerous times in 7 hrs. I think my landlord got fleeced. Now the yard looks like somebody has done doughnuts in it.

    I feel your pain fellers!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    I finally got away from that shift- I couldn't do what you do, anyway. "You have to be indicted to be invited" What a club. I'd never stand it, that is what I like best about mining- the customer is never right [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and most things I can hit with a 16 pound sledge and not break'em. Be careful.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Maybe you could vote a split ticket or two and get out of the deal. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No longer posting on posting on certain topics

    I think first of all you are a intellegent poster on here. I may agree or disagree with you but you are one who really voices what you think no matter who likes it or who don't. I don't think you should quit posting on certain topics just because of some. So I apologize if I have ever offended anyone on here with my opinions or views about anything.

    I go back and read my posts sometimes and I sound as though I come across as a smartbutt. But I really don't mean to sound that way, most of the time I don't think before I post and especially if it is over religion I do get heated up at times. But if you knew me then you would know that I do not mean any hard feelings.

    You are also a poster who post alot of new subjects and no matter what it is I always read them. Like this one. So sorry if I have said something to anyone on here with the wrong attitude. You are one who can argue too, I don't think that your opinions are any less than mine or anyone for that matter. There will always be subjects or topics that you feel strong about and the same as me and some things I feel strong about. But that shouldn't be no reason why you should stop posting on certain views. I am sure everyone can get heated up for a moment but by the next day I would hope that no one is still upset over a comment made on this message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •